Effectively monitoring a complex dynamic environment like EC2 can be quite a challenge without the right data. With Site24x7's unified EC2 monitoring, we aim to provide you with an improved set of monitoring capabilities to empower your operations team to make better decisions in the cloud.
Our latest enhancement combines metrics from two different sources: CloudWatch, from a hypervisor level and agent, from a system level to give you that full stack visibility into your EC2 ecosystem. By combining the instance metadata with the agent you can effectively tackle complexities like AutoScaling and solve the inherent inefficiencies present in both CloudWatch and standalone server agents and thus putting an end to the silo approach of monitoring the EC2 instances.
- Unified dashboard - See your CloudWatch and agent generated system and application metrics in a single comprehensive view
- Intelligent EC2 monitoring - Differentiate between intentional instance termination and instance crash
- No more licensing headaches - All terminated AutoScaling instances will move into a suspended state and get automatically removed from your Site24x7 console
- Reduced alert fatigue - No more redundant alerts when AutoScaling instance gets terminated or when agent communication failure occurs.
- Monitor load average and compare instance CPU usage with physical CPU usage to detect CPU steal
- Monitor memory swap usage and page faults, gather stats on individual EBS volume disk utilization
- View process level resource breakdown to identify processes that are consuming too much CPU or memory
- Execute our out-of-the box plugins to get custom metrics on various application services running on your instance and a whole lot more.