Being an open source database management system, ClickHouse is used for large-scale data analysis jobs, running around 100 queries per second on a single ClickHouse instance. Monitoring ClickHouse queries is critical to make them suitable for maximum performance and ensure a minimum load on your system.
Performance Monitoring Metrics
We provide separate ClickHouse plugin extensions to monitor their events, async metrics, and system metrics. Refer our Gihub repository to view the complete list of performance metrics provided for each of these plugins.
- Ensure the Clickhouse Python Driver is installed. To install the driver, execute the following command:
pip install clickhouse-driver
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed where the ClickHouse database is running.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name should be identical.
Supported Platform: Linux
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our Data Center.
- Download the plugins from our GitHub repository For example, to monitor the system metrics, download the plugin clickhouse_system_metrics.py:
- Provide details of hostname, port, database user and password to match your configuration.
- Create a folder with the plugin name, under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the python file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/<plugin name>/'
For example, if you are using the plugin to monitor system metrics, create a folder with the name 'clickhouse_system_metrics', under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the 'clickhouse_system_metrics.py' under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/clickhouse_system_metrics/'
The agent will automatically execute the plugin within five minutes and send performance data to the Site24x7 Data Center.
Manually execute the plugin script using the following command and verify its output. For example, if you are using the 'clickhouse_system_metrics' plugin,
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugin Integrations > click on the name of plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view the performance charts on the various metrics for your ClickHouse database.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin integrations and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.
Other Plugin Integrations
- 100+ Plugin Integrations
- Write your own plugin - Linux and Windows
- Lighttpd Monitoring
- Twilio Monitoring
- Supervisord Monitoring
- NGINX Monitoring