iNode is a data structure in a Unix-style file system which stores the attributes and disk block locations of the object's data. Install and use our iNode monitoring tool and get detailed insights into server activity and health.
This document details how to configure the iNode plugin and the monitoring metrics for providing in-depth visibility into the performance, availability, and usage stats of iNode servers.
iNode performance monitoring metrics:
Install and configure the iNode plugin to monitor the performance metrics of your server. Use these key indicators to take informed troubleshooting decisions and ensure continuous functioning of your iNode enabled system:
"inode_total" records the total number of iNodes currently available in your system.
Monitor your iNode enabled system and record the toal number of iNodes currently in use with "inode_used".
Monitor your iNode enabled system and record the toal number of iNodes currently free with "inode_free".
- Site24X7 iNodeMon plugin uses python's "psutil" package to collect metrics. To install, use the below command:
- For more information on how to install "psutil", refer here.
pip install psutil
iNode plugin installation:
- Create a directory "iNodeMon", under Site24x7's Linux agent plugin directory - /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/
- Download the file "iNodeMon.py" from our GitHub repository and place it under the "iNodeMon" directory
cd iNodeMonsudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/iNodeMon/iNodeMon.py
- Once the plugin file is downloaded, the agent will mark it up in the next data collection and you can view it in the Site24x7 web client
cd /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/sudo mkdir iNodeMon
iNode plugin configuration:
- In order to change the monitoring configuration, go to plugins directory and edit the required plugin file
iNode plugin file location - /opt/site24x7agent/monagent/plugins/iNodeMon/iNodeMon.py
- The default python path given in the plugin script is #!/usr/bin/python. If you wish to provide an alternate python path, replace the existing one preceded by the shebang character "#!".
Eg : #!/usr/local/bin/python3
- Make your changes in the config section (example given below)
Eg :HOST = "localhost"ADMINPORT = "4848"
Monitoring additional metrics:
- To monitor additional metrics, edit the "iNodeMon.py" file and add the new metrics that need monitoring
- Increment the plugin version value in the file "iNodeMon.py" to view the newly added metrics ( For e.g. Change the default plugin version from PLUGIN_VERSION = "1" to "PLUGIN_VERSION = "2")
- WebLogic plugin - Analyze performance of your WebLogic database servers
- Memcached plugin - Analyze performance of your Memcached server
- Gearman plugin - Optimize Gearman server performance and get comprehensive management reports
- Nagios plugin - Execute thousands of Nagios plugins in Site24x7 without the need of running a Nagios server
- Out-of-the-box plugins - Monitor your entire app stack with our extensive list of integrations
- Create custom plugins - Create custom Linux and Windows plugins and monitor custom attributes