A zombie process refers to a completed process that retains an entry in the process table, awaiting its parent process to acknowledge its exit status. However, if the parent process exits without signaling its child process to exit properly, the child process enters a zombie state.
Configure the Zombie Process plugin and calculate the number of Zombie Processes created in the server.
- Our plugin uses 'top' command to get the number of Zombie Process count
Zombie Process plugin installation:
- Create a directory with the name "zombies", under Site24x7 Linux Agent plugin directory - /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/zombies
cd /opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/mkdir zombies
- Download the file "zombies.py" from our GitHub repository and place it under the "zombies" directory
- Once the plugin file is downloaded, the agent will mark it up in the next data collection and you can view it in Site24x7 client
- Reports back the number of Zombie Processes present in the server.
- Redis plugin - Monitor performance metrics of your Redis databases
- MongoDB plugin - Monitor performance metrics of your MongoDB databases
- Memcached plugin - Analyze performance of your Memcached server
- Nagios plugin - Execute thousands of Nagios plugins in Site24x7 without the need of running a Nagios server
- Out-of-the-box plugins - Monitor your entire app stack with our extensive list of integrations
- Create custom plugins - Create custom Linux and Windows plugins and monitor custom attributes