Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE) Integrated Lights Out (iLO) provides high performance computing resources and it is essential to monitor these mission-critical workloads to ensure stability and immediate response to hardware issues.
Install this plugin to troubleshoot issues, remove resource-intensive processes, and be instantly notified on any server performance issues and outages.
- Thermal condition
- Degraded action
- Status of system, temperature, fan
- Fan index
- Fan locale
- Fan type, speed, and condition
- Redundant partner, hot plugged, and location
- Our Linux server monitoring agent should be installed in the HP server to be monitored.
- While adding a plugin, the plugin name and its folder name inside the Site24x7 agent should be identical.
There are around eight ready-to-install plugins available in GitHub to monitor the battery, CPU, temperature, fan, network interface, and RAID logical volumes.
- Download and install the latest version of the Site24x7 Linux agent in the server where you plan to run the plugin. If it is installed successfully, you will see a Linux server monitor in the Site24x7 Control Panel. This confirms that the agent is able to communicate with our data center.
- Download the required plugin script from our GitHub repository.
For example, to download the plugin for monitoring HP iLO battery,wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/site24x7/plugins/master/hpilo/ilobattery/ilobattery.py
- Configure the HP server hostname, SNMP versions, and read-only community string.
- Create a folder with the plugin name under the Site24x7 Linux agent plugin directory '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/' and place the script file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/'plugin folder'/'.
For example, if you are using the HP iLO battery plugin, create a folder with the name 'ilobattery' and place the 'ilobattery.py' file under '/opt/site24x7/monagent/plugins/ilobattery/'
Manually execute the plugin script using the following command and verify its output. For example, if you are using the HP iLO battery plugin,
View Data in the Site24x7 Web Client
- Log in to Site24x7 and go to Server > Plugins > click on the name of the plugin monitor.
- You will be able to view the hardware metrics of your HP iLO servers.
Feel free to contribute to our existing plugin and come up with suggestions or feedback on our Community.